WELCOME

We are the Bockwoldt Family residing in Ogden, Utah. We have one daughter (Rees, 4) and one son (Colby Nash, 2/3/09). Ashley is a stay-at-home Mom and Colby is continuing to pursue his career in the NFL by way of the UFL and juggling a transitional career with Jacobsen Construction. Rees is a part-time preschooler, 3 days a week for 3 hours, and a full-time Mommas Girl! Nash is an eater and a full-time sleeper!

Thanks for taking the time to visit our website!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, February 21, 2009

First Consultation with Dr. Morales

We met with Dr. Morales last Wednesday at PCMC to get the first consultation of Nash's cleft. Everything went very well! Nash has a very typical uni-lateral cleft lip/palate. Dr. Morales thinks he is a great looking kid and feels very confident everything will be "restored to societies standard". That's not exactly what he said, but that is my interpretation.

One difficult part of this situation is God has given us a child with a cleft and then we "change" him. It is very common for parents of cleft babies to feel this way. Imagine worrying about something every second for 7 months and then finding out what a blessing you've been delivered. Crazy how things go! Don't worry, we ARE going to have the cleft repaired but I just wanted to give a little insight into what we are feeling.

I'd once again refer everyone to the video on the right ------------------------------------------->
The boy that is on the show has exactly what Nash has.

We've been asked by many, "What is the plan?"; so I've attach a few informative sheets that outline what each cleft is and a typical timeline of the surgeries: (sorry about the size, they are as big as I can make them)



Refer to the timeline above for the "gameplan". Nash falls into the right column. His first surgery is scheduled for March 19. This will be a out-patient procedure that only takes about 15 minutes. Dr. Morales told us there may, once again, be a bit of a learning curve when feeding due to the fact that he will have the palatal prosthesis.

That is the news for now. We are still working on getting some more photos to post. Stay Tuned!

3 comments:

Bryce and Janica said...

Hey Colby and Ash, it's Janica. I came across your post on Lance and Lacey's blog, congrats on the new baby boy, he's beautiful. My prayers will definetly be with you guy's as you go through these surgery's with your son, I know everything will be just fine. Where did your little girl get that BLONDE hair? She's adorable. Keep in touch if you want, take care, Janica.

jodi said...

Hey you guys, I love love love the pictures of Rees with Colby Nash. So cute! I'm glad things are going well so far. We'll be praying for this first surgery to go well too!

Dawn said...

Oh he is so cute. It makes me miss my Zan's cleft smile. Take a ton of pictures. You will miss it so much and it will change his little face.