We wanted to give an update on where we are. Last Wednesday, Nash and Ashley went to PCMC to get the mold taken that will make his prosthesis. His craniofacial orthodontist, Dr. Duane Yamashiro, mentioned to Ashley that Nash has a fairly wide soft palate separation. Not bad news, but just wanted pass it along.
This coming Thursday, March 19th, Nash will be sedated and have the prosthesis and a "gum come-a-long" (nam) installed. The procedure is an out-patient operation that should only take 20-30 minutes. The nam will need to be tightened every 1-2 weeks. This will cause the gum line to come together before he gets his next surgery.
We are in the process of taking oodles of photos. Every parent that has walked in our shoes tells us they miss their child's cleft and wish they would have taken more and more photos/videos. Apparently there is never enough documentation of Gods miracles! We"ll get updated photos posted on here as soon as things settle down a tad.
Hope everyone reading this is doing well! Thanks to all the old and new friends that have taken the time to post comments to our entries!! We apologize we haven't responded to all of them but wanted to let everyone know we do read your kind words and are so grateful for the support and friendship.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm glad you updated... I have been wondering how everything has been going. I can't wait to see updated pictures.
Ash I can't believe I haven't checked your blog before...Lacey had to remind me that it was linked on her blog when I asked how you guys and the baby were doing!!! I can see now that you guys are doing great and Nash is beautiful. I would love to keep up with how you and Nash and the fam are doing through this journey. You seem to have such high spirits and a great attitude! I wish you all the best and hope it is OK if I continue to check your blog!
Post a Comment