Colby Nash had his first proceed this morning. After weighing in at a huge, tough, sexy 8.5 lbs he went into the operating room at around 10:50 am. The procedure only lasted about 30 minutes (although the day at the hospital was 8 am - 6 pm for Mom and Dad!!!) Everything went very well! He did receive anesthetics during the operation which made the afternoon a little rough because he has to come out of the daze. Needless to say he hasn't been a happy-camper. We had to stay at the hospital until he showed signs of being able to properly feed. So once again we taught the feeding experts how to feed a cleft baby and were on our way home.
There will be a learning curve in order to adapt to all the new "stuff" in his mouth. He now has a prosthesis, acting as a temporary palette, and a small chain, similar to braces, that will slowly pull his gum line together. We go back to see Dr. Morales in 2 weeks and he'll tighten the chain and reevaluate Nash.
Rees was lucky enough to get to spend the day at School and with Aunt Nan. Thanks to Nan for taking the day off and being able to accommodate a "15-30 minute operation". Its times like these that we really do appreciate the fact we live close to family that can be so helpful. We lived away, ie. Hurricane Katrina, and felt like we were on an island.
We'll update the site in a few days with some more recent photos and an update on how the feedings are going. Thanks for all the calls, emails and text message!! We really appreciate all the support.
Here are a couple photos of Ashley with Nash and Nash from above.
GOD BLESS!!



3 comments:
Hi Ash, I have been thinking of you all day. I am glad everything went good. It is so hard to see your baby come out of anathesia (probably spelled that Wrong) but you know what I mean. That hospital is amazing and they do such a good job. Hang in there. These little babies give us so much to worry about, but they are so precious. I love ya
Hill
I am so glad that everything went well! I was thinking about you guys all day and praying for the best! Good luck with the feeding and we will talk soon! Give Nash and Rees a kiss from us!
Love you all!
Hey Ashley, it's Cassie Blair from school. I happened to stumble upon your blog tonight and I wanted to say hello! Let's keep in touch.
I'm glad to hear that your baby's surgery went well!
Post a Comment